Friday, August 7, 2026

Another Political Science Game-Changer

 26-08-04: Upon browsing the 320.9 section of the downtown library, I encountered this title.

If We Can Keep It: How the Republic Collapsed and How it Might be Saved

Michael Tomasky

Either Mr. Tomasky or his publishing agent is a serious narcissist

A game-changing account of the deep roots of political polarization in America and, finally a fourteen-point agenda for how to fix it.

That is how the cover jacket introduces the blurbs. I only recognize two of the five distinguished reviewers: Jeffrey Toobin and Joy Reid. Upon review of the first sentence, I realized Mr. Tomasky is an unrepentant libtard. "The Constitutional Convention passes the Connecticut Compromise by a vote, 5-4-1, creating the inherently unrepresentative United States Senate." 

Only Libtards describe the Senate as something other than what it is supposed to be. I cannot believe Mr. Tomasky does not understand that the Senate is supposed to represent the states. The erroneous Seventeenth Amendment diverted the noble intention. The Amazon site for the book changes the blurb introduction.

A game-changing account of the deep roots of political polarization in America, including an audacious fourteen-point agenda for how to fix it.

It appears that the powers that be explained to Mr. Tomasky and his agent that there are a lot of books out there with suggestions for how to fix the partisan problem, much less the governing problem. Tomasky does not hide his game-changing fourteen points until the end of the book, he outlines them at the beginning. Which is commendable, because ultimately that is what matters. He divides them into two groups:

Political Fixes:

  1. End Partisan Gerrymandering
  2. Bring Back At-Large Congressional Elections
  3. Introduce Ranked-Choice Voting to Congressional Elections
  4. Expand the House of Representatives to 500 Members
  5. Eliminate the Filibuster
  6. Get rid of the Electoral College (or Make it Obey the Popular Vote)
  7. Revive Moderate Republicanism
Social and Cultural Fixes:
  1. Establish "Foreign" Interstate College-Student Exchange Programs Between Blue and Red States
  2. Reduce College to Three Years and Make Year Four a Service Year
  3. Expand Student Exchange Programs to High Schools
  4. Make Large National Employers Offer Similar Exchange Programs for Employees
  5. Vastly Expand Civics Education
  6. Insist on a Left that Doesn't Contribute to the Fracture
  7. Demand that Corporate and Business Leaders Commit to Social Responsibility.
Mr. Tomasky is obviously a closet Communist!

Again, as I am sure I will find in every political science scholar's book, there is no consideration of reformulating the separation of government powers. I am the only proponent of such a theory.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
In January of 2001, I encountered a random disagreement and wondered why there is so much misunderstanding in contrast to the abundance of advanced technology we have? I pledged to determine the root of the problem and render a solution. In December of 2002, I encountered overwhelming opposition when contesting the quality of the definitions of several significant words often used by atheists in their arguments for distinguishing atheism from religion. Upon commencement of research in January of 2007, I recognized that the inadequacies of the library classification systems was the root of the problem leading to the general misunderstandings in society, and that the solution is a reliable knowledge classification system. What I thought would take merely a couple of weeks turned into sixteen years of enlightening research, thousands of semantic calculations, and thousands of hours dedicated to composing a critique of the three-branch government separation model and the forthcoming treatise on social constructionism.